Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting a little something more than tires




After countless remarks about my balding tires, my mom finally decides to go and change them. I accompanied her on this trip, fully acknowledging I would be sitting in a waiting room for an hour or so. But I digress...so after a quick mani/pedi, I started flipping through Inc. magazine. Assuming it was like any other magazines about business, I didn't take any immediate interest. Then, low and behold I find this article about an nontraditional advertising agency, Wexley School for Girls. The name itself is pretty eyeball worthy. Based in Seattle,they are a full-service advertising agency experienced in research, planning, traditional advertising, mixed in with a plenty of unconventional marketing tactics as well. Even their website is pretty..fucking neat. Definitely check them out at http://www.wexley.com/


as mentioned earlier, I've been working on my project as account director and to say the very least, it really is a tough job. I think the biggest payoff so far, is having my professor smirk and say my team is really acting like a real agency and she can tell I'm enjoying all this chaos. Chaos doesn't even seem to begin to describe the amount of stress this has embedded into my body and more importantly, my mind. I'm always thinking about this brand, about this product, about this image. Luckily, it's my off day and at least I don't have to think about it, but have is the operative word. Thus far, I have learned two things: I have not a creative and will never aspire to be and simplicity is key. The latter should be understood even before the project began but..I digress. My media planner and I have a long ways to go..haha and many evil stick figures to mutate.







No comments:

Post a Comment